Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

WOW!!! What a great weekend. Our weather was so nice that it is definitely feeling like summer. I'm hoping it lasts. On Saturday we went to our local gym for free guests day so we could take the kids swimming. I missed the last lesson and wanted to see Lauren's new trick. She uses the kick board to swim all the way to the deep end and then will jump in with no life jacket and pop back up and swim to the wall. This is a HUGE improvement over a few months ago. She is gaining confidence with each lesson and it is wonderful to see. Colin was jumping to Aaron without holding onto his hands. I'm thinking I will probably try him in some lessons this summer and see how things go. I will try to get some pictures or video tomorrow at lessons. We went to Costco Saturday evening and for a dollar that went to CMN Lauren got her face painted. She loves to donate money for the babies and has even used her own dollar to buy a balloon.

Sunday was church and then Lindsey and I attempted wedding shoe shopping without any success. White sandals are hard to find.
Monday was so beautiful and such a nice time. We had a wonderful BBQ at my in-laws with Aaron's cousins, spouses, and kids. I forgot to include this picture of Colin in my layout. He has dropped his nap but woke up a little after 6:00 for two days in a row so he was tired. He got a nice hour nap in the morning and was in a way better mood.



Daddy and his little man.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had a great weekend. Your pictures are great and I am impressed you already have your layouts done.

papa pat said...

You are smart to take advantage of the beautiful weather, while it lasts. Looks like the kiddo had a great time at papa and mimi's. Great pics.

Marcee Miller said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Long weekends are the best. How on earth do you get your layouts up so quickly? I'm jealous.

Molly said...

Love the layouts! You got some great shots.. we had such a great time with you guys! The kids are still talking about everything they got to do with Lauren & Colin.:)

Jessica said...

Great layouts & pictures. It looks like you and your family had lots of fun! I miss the beautiful weather.