I have been feeling very disappointed with potty training Colin. He just didn't want to go to the toilet and it was becoming a huge battle. I had tried any suggestion anyone gave me and nothing was working. Last week a friend of mine told me they had to do cold showers for her daughter when she would go in her underwear. I know this sounds cruel but it is just cold water and he knows what he is doing and choosing not to use the toilet. I thought I would give it a try so on Friday we stayed home from the gym to give this a try. He had two cold showers before lunch and another later that day but that was the last. He REALLY doesn't like the cold water. He has been wearing undies and doing great. He even went poop at the gym today. That was a huge deal for us. I'm really hoping this works and we will soon be done with diapers and pull-ups.
On a totally different note. Today was Lauren's last day of daisies. She has really enjoyed it this school year and looking forward to next year. They had a cute tea party and pin ceremony. I have pictures I will post later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope he keeps it up! My question is what do you do with a kid that won't go potty in a public bathroom? It's REALLY an issue.
Good job Colin! So glad to hear that something is working.
Post a Comment