Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Garbage Truck

I know this may not be a subject that is common at every house but we talk about garbage trucks all the time. Colin is fascinated with them and anything to do with them. Today was garbage day at my house. This can be a very exciting day or just ordinary. Unfortunately today we were at the gym when the garbage and recycle trucks came to our house. Colin gets so excited when he sees any trucks, he just loves them all. We passed two bulldozers today moving dirt, so cool. We call most construction themed trucks bulldozers because I don't know the names of them all. Thankfully we do have books with pictures and names and then he corrects me when we see one and I still just call it a bulldozer. Colin's new little thing he loves to do is as I'm trying to leave his room after he is in his crib he says "Mommy wait." I say "What Colin." He says "I need to tell you something." "What do you need to tell me." He usually smiles and growls "Garbage truck." This sometimes goes on two or three times before I have to tell him last time and threaten trouble. It can be very difficult to not smile and laugh but then it goes on a very long time. I know this seems like a lot of babble about my son but he does make me laugh a lot. One more cute story and I promise to stop. We were getting ready to leave for the gym and he had escaped upstairs alone, not good. I told him to come down stairs, he didn't come. I told him that I would count to three and if he wasn't coming down he would get a spanking. He looks at me and starts moving from side to side. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Mommy I'm just dancing." I had to go get him but he did say please. He was so cute. O.K. I promised no more so that will be all the babbling today.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Wow..you will take a picture of anything now...won't you!!