Monday, June 16, 2008

Ice Cream Treat

I have been getting ready for the wedding I'm attending in Virginia. I was doing laundry (it is Monday) and came down to a very odd sight. My daughter was asleep. For anyone who know Lauren this is a rare sight. She gave up naps before she was 3. Thankful it was just a quick one so it didn't mess up bedtime.

The kids were once again enjoying the sun today. Jen got Colin some real Crocks for $1 at a garage sale and is getting quite good at putting them on. Although they don't keep the rocks out from our play area so about every 2 minutes he sits down to tell me he has a rock in his shoe. He then empties it and puts his shoe back on so he can repeat again in a very short time. I've tried suggesting no shoes but you try reasoning with a two year old who knows best.

For Mother's Day my in-laws gave me a gift card to Cold Stone and it was a good night to use it. We let the kids share one and Colin finished his, no surprise but Lauren left some also not a surprise. She likes the ideas of sweets but usually doesn't finish. Colin will drink his ice cream when it is done just to make sure he really got it all. Our Cold Stone is located at this very nice shopping center with a grassy courtyard that the kids can run around and enjoy. There are ducks on parade all around our city, which if you know where I live this will make sense. The kids loved them. Thank you Mimi and Papa for giving us a great evening.

3 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

How fun! I'm sorry we missed the ducks on parade. . . we saw the cows in Boston once. Missing cold stones - our closest one is 45 mins away!

My Greatest Accomplishments... said...

Okay, I know you like comments... even though I see you every day! I'm jealous of your outing last night, although I know we had our own plans. Let's do a dessert night out soon!

Cheryl said...

Lauren must of just needed a little power nap to get her through the rest of the day. Okay...off to pack!!