I decided yesterday that I wanted some blackberries. I don't cook with them or do anything else I just love to eat them. I called my in-laws yesterday and they searched without success so I sent my dad on the mission and he found some. We needed an outing today and it's my dad's day off so out we went. He had scoped out two different spots and we had a very successful day.
Papa had the great idea of bringing the yard cart. It's fun for the kids and easier to carrier our huge harvest.
Colin didn't pick many berries but he had fun. Every time my dad would put a berry in his bowl he would say "Thank you Papa." We kept trying to get him to eat one but he would say no they go in my bowl.
Lauren was a great help. My dad would cut some higher branches and she would get the berries.
We had to try a few for QC.
We were dirty, sticky, and ready for lunch but we had a GREAT time. Thanks Papa.
Our neighbors stopped by for a visit and the girls were playing in the rocks. Our rocks our dirty on dry days but it has been raining for a few days so instead of dust it was mud. The girls decided to paint themselves with the dirt. I told them I was going to hose them off and I did. I realized as I was starting that duh I need to get my camera. Must always being thinking about the blog.
Lauren was a dirty, happy kid.
They will both needs baths tonight.
4 comments:
The blackberries look great. We have a great spot down by the creek where we pick. Summertime is the perfect time to get muddy because you don't freeze when you get hosed off!
Picking the berries was great fun. They were quite cute about playing with the pricklies on the vines. We will have to do this some more.
PA
Being dirty is what summer is all about. The blackberries look super yummy.
What a great way to start wrapping up summer . . .but I guess you guys still have a few weeks left! School starts Monday for most the kids . . . Little Lion doesn't start until sept 2!
Post a Comment