Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The great outdoors

I haven't blogged in a few days because we have been camping with Michael and Mary. It was a very nice time. Thankfully Michael and Mary have a trailer with heat and hot water for dishes. We were across from a playground and nature hike. I appreciated both of those things.

It was very windy the first day we were there. Papa had bought the kids kites and I think if we weren't helping Colin he might have blown away

My two little monkeys.

The nature path was very beautiful. I only have 4 layers on the top half of me but still a good family picture. Thanks Papa.

Papa and the kids.

S'mores were a must for Lauren.

The first of many fires that were built.

We went to the beach on our last morning to look for shells. There were no seashells but a few crab shells. Lauren was still happy.

The kids liked pulling around the seaweed.

No doubts were my boys get their love of fire from.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Camping at the coast is always such a great time. You all look so cold and bundled. Glad to hear you all had fun.

Cheryl said...

At least it wasn't raining...be thankful for the trailer since it was cool. Glad you got outside and took the kids camping, they look like they were having lots of fun!

Mommy Lion said...

I think that there is a pryo in every male . . it must be built into that Y chromosome! *wink* Too funny! Looks like a bunch of happy campers! *smile*

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I espeacially like the fire video...a classic scene in the Foster family, complete with a "Michael!" from Mimi. Good stuff. Wish we'd been able to join you guys for the weekend.

Anna