Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fun, Food, and Fireworks on the 4th

We had a GREAT day! Unfortunately Aaron had to work until about 4:00 but the kids and I still went to Camp Harlow with Mark, Jen and family. We played and had lunch. I took Colin home for a nap and to set up for that evening but Lauren stayed with Mark and Jen. She got to go swimming, and see a fire truck and enjoy being a kid.That evening our family and friends came to our house for great food, wonderful company, and lots of laughs. I made a desert that was amazing, brownies, peanut butter, and chocolate. How could it be anything but great.
After dinner we did fireworks and ate homemade ice cream. Lauren, Amanda, and Colin liked the fireworks. Andrew went running saying I don't like these. The boys went to bed but the girls got to stay up late and enjoy the fun.

The kids were very cute in their chairs

This was Colin's face when the fireworks were going off. He is a little pyro.


Towards the end of the night Lauren started singing a song she had learned in pre school. I thought is was cool with the fireworks going off. How patriotic.

4 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

That was too precious! SO glad you got that on video! Sounds like you guys had a great celebration too. We ARE truly blessed!

My Greatest Accomplishments... said...

Love it!! I finally added mine - just a couple of days late. I love the video...

Cheryl said...

Love her singing the song. Too cute. Looks like you all had a wonderful fourth.

Michelle said...

Lauren sounds adorable singing that song. What a great memory to capture.