Monday, July 21, 2008

The Zoo

Just FYI I posted another post yesterday so keep reading (I think this will show as Monday even though I didn't post until Tuesday morning)
We headed out Sunday morning for an overnight trip with Mark, Jen and kids. We stopped at IKEA on Sunday and played in our hotel pool. On Monday morning we headed to the zoo. The kids seemed to enjoy almost all of it. There is a special dinosaur exhibit there currently and Amanda didn't want to enter it because she could hear the noises but once in she realized they were fake and the noises weren't scary. Colin and Lauren liked all but the T-Rex. He really was big and loud. We went to all exhibits but the insects and finished with the train ride. Colin talked about the zoo all evening. He would tell me he didn't like the big dinosaur but he did like the green one. The kids were good for being 4 kids that had spent the night in a hotel. I think the adults were wishing someone else could drive home so we could nap. Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe someday.


I have this same picture of Lauren last time we were up. A nice tradition to see if she grows.


Colin petting the bunny. He was not content to sit in his stroller. He wanted out.

The petting zoo part was nice so the kids could touch some animals.

The dinosaurs were cool. Some were big and others small, most made noise.

This was the T-Rex. Not the favorite dino.

Some nice stranger helped Lauren so I could take her picture feeding the bird nectar.

Lauren is plugging her nose in this shot because the penguin area is very stinky, but such a cute moment of sibling love.
I didn't make into many pictures so I just wanted to prove I was there.

Colin LOVED the train ride. It was a 35 minute trip and he was so excited the entire time.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had a fun trip.

My Greatest Accomplishments... said...

We had lots of fun with you guys... looking forward to the next adventure!