Today was our final day of VBS. We had a weekly total of 99 kids registered with 29 receiving Christ as their saviour. It was a wonderful, exciting, tiring week and I'm glad to be done. Today was head bandannas and the kids loved them. Of course. They got to wear them to our evening program tonight. Lauren had all relatives in the area in attendance. I enjoyed watching because I'm in my own craft world and miss out on everything else.
Alyssa did a wonderful job making her head bandanna. She had a dress from the same fabric.
Alyssa will be going home tomorrow(today, I started my post last night). We have loved having her with us this week. She is such a great kid and my kids loved having her here. She is very tired (but I think we all are) and looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.
Please check out my friend Jen's blog to see what Colin was up to today. I have an amazing friend that kept Colin all week so I could be focused on the kids and the crafts. Thanks again Jen.
2 comments:
VBS is always fun, but it's always good to be DONE! The head bandannas looked fun, I know the kids loved them! I know it's got to be nice to be have that little bit of distance between you and Cheryl so that staying the night is an adventure, but not bank breaking trip! *smile*
Alyssa had a wonderful week with you!! She said she was glad to be home today but still would have stayed at your house a few more days. We will have to have Lauren come stay soon. You did a great job on all the crafts...a lot of work but worth it!
Post a Comment