Well we had an interesting weekend. After Saturday I was so hopeful for Sunday. Aaron had to work on Sunday and Lauren was at my parents so it was just Colin and I getting ready for church. I had stripped the bottom half of him because this had worked the last two mornings. I kept trying to get him to use the bathroom but he was being VERY stubborn. I finally ran upstairs to brush my teeth and came back down to find poop on my new rug. I was not happy. He had already chocked and puked that morning. I gave him a bath after I cleaned up and off to church we went. He never did use the toilet that morning but Daddy was home by the time nap was over and he happily went for him. He stayed dry that evening until right before bed. Today has been better but not great. He was refusing to use the bathroom this morning until right after lunch he came running to me saying he needed to go and then went in the toilet. He used it again after nap so maybe he is just better later in the day. I'm realizing with Colin that it must be his idea and then he is great but if he is not into it right now then he won't even try. I think he will get it, it will just take longer. I'm sure you all have loved reading my play by play but sometime I just need to vent and that is why I have a blog.
Onto a better subject.
Lauren was the supper star at school today. Which means she got to do calendar time and be the line leader. She knew it was her turn so she was very excited about school today. She also had daisies after school today and was able to pick up the clay man she had made last week. Her troop leader was baking it for her. She loves daisies and everything they do there.

Until later.... I'm off for more fun.
5 comments:
Such good times! Thanks for sharing. Yeah for Super Star day..always a fav with Alyssa.
I did enjoy reading your play by play. Colin will get it so keep trying.
He couldn't have gone where there wasn't a carpet could he? Does Colin do the thing where he gags himself by shoving his finger in his throat too? Why do they do that?
Hang in there! He will get it... Are you doing a reward system (every time he goes potty he gets a sticker...) That seemed to work with my kids. By the way, Paige got to ride the scooter yesterday! I'll post pictures!
No worries friend, there are no freshman walking around in diapers! That's what I always tell myself! *wink*
Post a Comment