Lauren and Colin received a package from my aunt Betsy yesterday and in it was magic growing rocks. Lauren loves anything that is crafty or does something. I read the directions a few times to make sure I understand. After all it did say for ages 10+. Lauren loved the whole process.
Starting out. They started to grow after a few minutes.
Starting out. They started to grow after a few minutes.
We put the second set of rocks in after 6 hours.
This morning after the rocks were all grown.
Very cool project.
Lauren was so cute about the whole process. She kept saying mom it says to watch your rocks grow. So she would sit and watch them. Thank you Aunt Betsy for this fun rock growing kit.
9 comments:
We just opened ours this evening and got started. Looks like cool and that was very nice of Betsy to think of our kids :)
Okay, I'm all up to date now! It was hard to tell that the rocks were growing by the pictures, but I'll take your word for it :)
I loved Lauren's comment about watching the rocks - they are so literal at that age! :)
Hi Lauren & Colin, I'm so glad you liked the magic rocks. I remember a kit like this when I was a little girl and how much fun it was to watch them grow. I thought you'd like the sea creature too! I'm going to take pictures of the puppies tomorrow to send to you. Love to you both. Aunt Betsy
Could be a very scientific activity. They look like they really enjoyed the growing rocks.
What a fun project! Thanks for finding my blog. I always think your blog is adorable and love reading about Lindsey's family. Looks like you are all doing well.
I too had these as a child. They were facinating and confusing how they worked. Glad the children have the interest of 10 year olds.
Did you say she SAT and WATCHED... OKay, I think I need to get that for my kids,,, for that fact alone:)... very cute! -Molly
Cool rock!!!
Post a Comment