Monday, November 3, 2008

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

I think our rainy season has started. It has rain all day long here and not a soft sputter but a hard rain with wind. Not the most pleasant day so we stayed inside. Dinner has been a challenge around our house lately and tonight was no different. I made (yes it was me and not Aaron) something that everyone in my house liked last time but tonight Colin announces he doesn't like it. Lauren wanted to go in the hot tub so I thought I could bribe Colin with a trip in the hot tub but no such luck tonight. I even saved it and reheated it while Daddy and Lauren were in the hot tub but he wouldn't finish his last two bites. I'm sure as my parents read this they are thinking that I'm getting my paybacks. I was and still am a VERY picky eater. I can remember many nights being the only one left at the table and the timer was set. Now I'm the parent and get to do the same thing. Well I have rambled enough and don't have any pictures for today, maybe tomorrow. Hope everyone found a dry place to stay today.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Today was just a dark rainy day! How much longer until summer?

Anonymous said...

Lisa: Mom and I feel some what gratified over your dilemma. You too have raised a food monster. Your mother loves the rain, guess she lives in the right place.
She wanted me to tell you cocoa is the proper spelling. Now she feels like part of the blog.

My Greatest Accomplishments... said...

So excited to return to the beautiful northwest... see you tomorrow!

Christina said...

Perhaps the picky eater thing is a trait of 2nd daughters. My sis is the same way - she lived on hot dogs for quite awhile in her childhood.

Michelle said...

Oh the hoops we go through to get our children to eat. It is still dark, rainy and cold.

Jessica said...

Good luck with Colin. Jacob is picky too.
It is so cold outside and still rainy out, and I need to go to Church. I will be bring some HOT coffee(decaf) with me.:o)