Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful Project

Our pastor was talking about being thankful today and it got me thinking about something I could do with my family so we could spend some time talking about what we were thankful for. This is what I came up with. I made a little page on my computer and printed it. Then we traced our hands and wrote what we were thankful for. Lauren wrote family, Colin said Frank (from the movie Cars. He is the combine), I wrote time together, and Aaron said afternoon naps. We are going to do a new hand each day until Thanksgiving. I hope this is fun.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea! We truly do have so many things to be thankful for. How cute that Colin is thankful for the combine from cars!

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

What a great thing to do. We all should focus on things to be thankful for. You should keep this going year after year at this time of year as a family tradition.

Anonymous said...

Good teaching tool for all of us. It sure is much better to focus on the good things God has given us, that what we think we're missing.

Michelle said...

Must be a common theme among churches on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The music at church today was all about being thankful. While we were eating dinner tonight, I asked the girls to tell me some things they were thankful for. Great idea to focus all week on things we are thankful for.

Mommy Lion said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great project! I thought Colin was afraid of Frank?!? Love/hate relationship?

Anna

Jessica said...

That is a great idea! Our pastor also talked about being thankful on Sunday. I am thankful for so much in my live.